I spent the last couple weeks testing what happens when I link my site to social networks like Facebook and Twitter (I was already linked to my LinkedIn profile). There has been a marked increase in visitors to my site and blog.
In this new media world, there are obvious benefits to using social media and networking to encourage new visitors to come to your site. More visitors means more potential clients. After less than two days on Twitter I racked up two dozen Followers without even trying. What's not to like? Some people on there even have tens-of-thousands of people following their "tweets".
- Update my Olsen Creative website once a month (I also added news links so there's new content on there every day)
- Post to my Short-term Strategies blog once a week (set to distribute posts to my website and Facebook notes)
- Create and maintain a del.icio.us list of bookmarks (I've started a personal list, but want to create one for business)
- Twitter about olsencreative at the beginning and end of my day (I had a deadline today and didn't tweet about it - just got to work)
- Start a Facebook Page for Olsen Creative